Business Website Solutions collects and uses the following information from users:
- A record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes – the user’s IP address, the date and time of the visit to the Site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous website visited and the type of browser used. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our service provider’s logs. This information is analysed regularly to determine websitedesigncentre.com.au usage statistics.
- The websitedesigncentre.com.au retains the e-mail address of people who send emails through the “contact” facility, for the purpose of sending a response and occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our web site, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. Details are stored in a secure area within our system and will not be disclosed without your consent.
- The websitedesigncentre.com.au is committed to your privacy and the protection of any information that you send or share with the websitedesigncentre.com.au. Your business and personal details are considered strictly private. We will never share, sell, rent, lease or trade any details what so ever with anyone.
- When you purchase any of our services there is a mutual obligation: for you to provide certain information and for us to safeguard the information and to use and protect it as stated in this statement. It is our practice to permit only those employees who are authorised to access and use your information for the purposes outlined in this statement. Furthermore, we and our business partners and other authorised entities are permitted to access and use the information of our customers only for the purposes which we specified and not beyond those purposes.
- You should note that there are inherent risks associated with transmission of information via the Internet. You should make your own assessment of the potential risks to the security of your information when making a decision as to whether or not you should utilise this Site.
- There are alternative ways to obtaining information from us, and transacting business with us, for those users who do not wish to use the Internet.
- The content of this privacy and security statement may be updated from time to time, so we suggest that if you return to the websitedesigncentre.com.au on a regular basis that you carefully read the information provided.
Information that you provide for domain name registrations:
- When you request us to transact your registration application for a domain name, we request from you on behalf of the registrar of the domain name, certain personal information. All the information that we request is compulsory in order to enable the registrar to process your application, unless otherwise clearly stated. The information that you provide must be complete, accurate and current at the time of registration.
- In addition to the information you provide on the request for registration, we also maintain a record of whether and when you use the information and services that we provide. We use this information in order to assess the services that we provide and to ensure that they respond to your needs and interests. We also record site traffic patterns and maintain log files of users’ access to site files.
What happens and what we do with the information that you have provided
- The information that you provide is stored on the registrar’s and our databases. We use the information for statistical purposes such as to gauge customer’s interest.
Security of Information.
- The information that you provide and which we receive is stored on systems that are designed to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of that information. Sensitive information, such as credit card details and passwords, are encrypted to ensure maximum protection and protect the information from unauthorised access.
- As a reseller of an ICANN accredited registrar we have access to the registrar’s WhoIs database that is accessible by any user. The information that is available includes the registered domain name and the name, email address and telephone number of the point of contact. The amount of information that is disclosed on the WhoIs database may change from time to time and is regularly reviewed by the registrar.
Your Rights to Access and Change Information.
- You have the right, and we encourage you, to correct or change information in our records such as address and contact information. You may do this by accessing the pages in this web site. You can make changes at any time and as often as you need to maintain currency and accuracy of the information.
- To comply with our contractual obligations, our registrar provides your domain name and the IP numbers to the appropriate registry. This information is provided to ensure that the domain name operates as a functional address on the Internet.
- We also share your information, including sensitive information, with those entities that we engage to perform certain necessary functions such as managing your account. We do not share your information with other third parties except when specified to you and where we are obliged by court order or other request from a law enforcement authority.
- Further, we share the information, including sensitive information, with our registrar. We may also share the information, except sensitive information, with selected business partners and advertisers. If you do not want us to share your information with our business partners you may email us at the address found in this web site.
- When you purchase our services there is a mutual obligation: for you to provide certain information and for us to safeguard the information and to use and protect it as stated in this statement. It is our practice to permit only those employees who are authorised to access and use your information for the purposes outlined in this statement. Furthermore, we and our business partners and other authorised entities are permitted to access and use the information of our customers only for the purposes which we and our registrar specified and not beyond those purposes.